Thursday, June 5, 2008

~Ever wish you were a Turtle?~

I was feeling quite stressed last week, there are just some occasions where everything with work seems to bubble up so to speak. Although I can generally take care of it all and work things out there are times when the stress is just overwhelming. After our weekend away, I came back to work Monday so refreshed I felt I could take on the world! Well yesterday that 'world' crushed me. I had 2 people quit first thing in the morning, with no notice that were supposed to work THAT night. I had someone else tell me that something came up with their family and they couldn't do the rest of their shifts until who knows when???? Then there was a couple things that our Field Supervisor did that just stunned and me and I have already had a call about something else that she did and we are right now working out what to do. She has to go whether it be a suspension or termination, problem is I become the phone contact until we find a replacement.... On top of that there were a couple other scheduling issues and new clients that I am trying to accommodate and struggling with due to specific requirements etc.

I know it seems trivial, but the stress is really getting to me so if anyone wants to pray or think positively or whatever you 'do' that things get a bit better this week and that we can find someone to fit into this position I would be grateful. In times like these I am thankful that I have Robert, he can see when things are getting to be that little bit too much for me. I can honestly say in the 2 years I have been doing this job this is only about the 3rd time where I have become this overwhelmed and just want to walk away. I wont walk away of course, I do see that my perks and benefits far out way these moments in time, and in normal circumstances I really do enjoy my job, but these moments do bring me down and its hard to get through....these are the moments I want to retreat into my 'shell'.....

10 comments:

Thankful said...

Yes I am praying for you that you will know HIS peace and be able to find the replacements you need quickly..Remember He will not give us ANYTHING beyond what we can handle and He can help us through...I Cor. 10:13( I think)....But standing with you today in prayer...It seems there are always things to bring us down after a real high!!! IT WILL BE OK!!! Love ya lots and praying MOMP

Sous Chef Mom said...

Oooooh I would have been turtle like too... *HUGS* I am with MOM there... God knows what we can handle... but I am with you, sometimes I think God has more faith in me then I do!

Catherine said...

Praying friend...

Joyful said...

Hey Michelle, sorry to hear of your stressful week. NOTHING is impossible with God - praying that He will do exceedingly more than you can ask or imagine...and until then...praying He will send those around you to support and uphold you. Thankful that Rob is so sensitive to your needs. Hang in there. Tomorrow is another day, and God is already at work on your answers.

Love & hugs,
Joy

Joyful said...

Michelle, after just reading your post I visited another blog and thought the post there might be an encouragement to you. Check this out: http://thepoint-leah.blogspot.com/2008/06/point-rock-that-is-higher-than-i.html

Love ya,
Joy

Michelle said...

Awesome link Joy!! Thank You :)

Thankful said...

Is the turtle starting to peek yet???
love mom

Caren said...

Sounds like a good Turtle Day to me!!! Hope this week is less stressful! {{{hugs}}}

KC said...

Darn those days. Sometimes you have to sneak into your shell so you can come back out more refreshed and ready to face the world. :)

I hope this week is much better for you and that all that negative Karma is gone and out of the way.

((HUGS)) my friend

Vicki said...

I have SOOO been there!!! How are things - have they settled down at all??
{{{HUGS}}}