Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Boy is growing up...

Joshua had his first phone call this week. Oh man it was THE cutest thing!! I was practically in tears just listening to his little conversation. Today he had a play date with this little boy, I tell you he was so excited about today. We call Saturday and Sunday 'Stay Home Days' and when he woke me up and I said it was a stay home day! He said, "no Mommy its a Christopher day!" He anxiously awaited the time for his play date to start, he was so excited he didn't even eat his lunch(not a normal feat for Joshua..LOL) I have already picked him up and he seemed to have a great time :) Robert had to drive to Hamilton today to pick something up and took Victoria with hi, so I did the grocery shopping solo while Joshua was out...man did it feel lonely, but on the bright side it was the cheapest shopping trip ever since I didn't have Victoria, Joshua or Robert for that matter..lol adding goodies to the cart!!

6 comments:

Joyful said...

Too adorable. Love the new friends name..LOL!!

Wished I had known you were footloose and fancy free today - I could have tagged along and added treats to the shopping cart! (Chris was busy doing homework and Gord is working!)

Glad all is well. Hope to see you tomorrow!

Catherine said...

It's so fun to listen to little ones on the phone! I think if Victoria can't pace while she's on the phone she won't be able to talk. LOL! Glad the playdate went well and that you were able to get the shopping done. I was in Hamilton yesterday too. Too bad we hadn't known and possibly I could have saved Rob the trip. Oh well, I'm sure he and Victoria had a great day together!

Happy 'Stay at Home' day!

KC said...

YEAH! On the playdate. Sounds like he had a great time.

I remember Brianna's first phone call was from a little boy in her class. This kid called EVERY day for about 2 months. LOL It was so cute.

Vicki said...

Are you kidding? Grocery shopping alone is heaven to me!! I do it as much as possible!! :)

What a doll!! I can imagine his excitement!! Hard to believe how quickly they are growing up huh?

Lisa said...

Awww, that is so cute! I love those first phone calls.

Caren said...

What a sweetie!!! I think it's so sweet that they are starting to make their own little friends/relationships. Too cute!